One of the best pieces of advice you probably share with clients and prospects is to monitor their credit reports … but are you giving them accurate information? See if you can answer these questions about finding and interpreting info from credit-reporting agencies.
1. True or false? Information about your checking and savings accounts is included on your credit report.
2. Which of the following appears on a credit report? a. Identifying information (name, address, Social Security number) b. Credit inquiries from the last two years c. Bankruptcies, liens, and judgments d. Payment history e. All of the above
3. True or false? A credit report doesn’t include the consumer’s credit score.
4. How often can a consumer order a free copy of his or her credit report? a. Once every two years from each of the three reporting agencies b. Once a year from each of the three reporting agencies c. Once a year from one of the reporting agencies d. Only lenders can request a copy of a consumer’s credit report.
5. True or false? If a consumer orders a credit report for himself, it will negatively affect his or her credit score.
Answers 1. False. 2. e. This and other information appears on a consumer’s credit report, although each credit-reporting agency displays this information in a different way. 3. True. A free credit report doesn’t include a credit score, but a consumer can purchase a score from the credit-reporting agencies and scoring companies. 4. b. Consumers can order a free credit report from each of the three reporting companies once every 12 months at annualcreditreport.com. 5. False.
**sourced from TAR
Author:Chip Franks Phone: 254-291-1337 Dated: May 28th 2015 Views: 622 About Chip: The Supreme Commander of The Real Estate MarketPlace and A Good Guy, In General!
Ron "Chip" Frank...
For our Purchasing Clients: we make sure you have access to EVERY home (not just those we list, or the three or four that we think you might like); and we will never pressure you.
For our Selling Clients: we market the heck out of your home; we give you updates on what we've done to sell your property every week along with feedback and activity on the home; we can also lease your property should it fail to sell--seamlessly. Finally, if you're ever unhappy with us, or your circumstances change, you can cancel our agreement.
Lastly, if you're interested in our Property Management services, visit www.KilleenPropertyManagement.com.
As you're sprucing up your home this season, keep an eye out for these
"I love the service my family and I received at The Real Estate Market Place, We were recommended by the Dave Ramsey program. Our Realtor took a lot of time with us and was very patient to go through every option with us. We felt they were always keeping our best interest in mind. He was always friendly and honest. We could have bought a far more expensive house but he encouraged us to make a wise finical decision that would not overwhelm us. We had a wonderful experience!